Join our print qualifications review
Hanga-Aro-Rau is gearing up to review four print industry qualifications and we need your input.
We are responsible for reviewing the print qualifications and associated unit standards to ensure they remain relevant and are fit for purpose for industry, learners and providers.
It is critical we hear directly from employers, employees, industry groups and other interested parties to understand how well these qualifications are working, and what may need to change to ensure learners gain the relevant skills employers and industry need.
The four qualifications in this review are:
- New Zealand Certificate in Print (Level 4)
- New Zealand Certificate in Print Industry Management (Level 5)
- New Zealand Certificate in Direct Mail (Level 3)
- New Zealand Certificate in Direct Mail Production (Level 4).
We are seeking expressions of interest for participation in a print qualification advisory group (QAG), which will advise and provide input into this qualification review.
We aim to start the review process in late May.
Key responsibilities of the QAG include:
- Scrutinising current qualifications and unit standards and their viability; and suggest changes/ updates, where necessary
- Contributing to the development of new qualifications and unit standards, where necessary
- Collaborating with Hanga-Aro-Rau delivery partners, where necessary, to identify the best way to deliver the qualifications and associated training programmes.
If you work in the print industry and would like to be involved or know more about the review process, please email Kieran Ormandy, Industry Manager - print, and he will respond as soon as possible.