Hanga-Aro-Rau Summit: Mānuka takoto, kawea ake Rising to the challenge
Ready to join us to collectively rise to the challenges our sectors face? Or lay down a challenge for us?
We’re thrilled to host the first-ever Hanga-Aro-Rau Summit: Mānuka takoto, kawea ake – Rising to the challenge. Together we’ll explore how we can collectively address the skills and workforce development challenges our sectors face.
This is a one-day event for all employers, industry players, iwi and hapū, unions, government and vocational education participants in the manufacturing, engineering and logistics industries who want to be challenged and inspired.
Feel free to join us either online or in person at Pipitea Marae and Conference Centre, 55 Thordon Quay, Pipitea, Wellington on Tuesday 22 November 2022 from 8:30am to 5pm.
If you’re interested in attending either online or in person, please register here.
Our agenda is set to ignite conversation on the topics that matter, including:
- A comprehensive look at our research with Deloitte on the Post COVID-19 workforce development needs in New Zealand’s manufacturing and engineering sectors
- Skills challenges: how the new vocational education and training (VET) system is responding
- Creating successful pathways for ākonga (learners) from school into our trades
- Diversifying our workforces to address skills and labour challenges
- And more!
Plus, a meet the change-makers session: those employers who have found innovative and creative ways to address the way training is delivered in Aotearoa.
A dynamic group of speakers are lined up to share their knowledge and expertise including:
- John Tan, Partner - Deloitte
- Brad Olsen, Principal Economist - Infometrics
- Peter Winder, Acting CE - Te Pūkenga
- Gillian Dudgeon, Deputy Chief Executive, Delivery Directorate - TEC
- Dieter Adam, CE, Manufacturing Commentator
- Johno Williams, Managing Director - Patton Engineering and Salla Delport, Head of Technology - Hastings Boys' High School
- Pete Jones, Principal - Manurewa High School
- Further speaker announcements to come.
Featuring a mix of keynote presentations and panel discussions there will be an opportunity to both hear from the experts and be encouraged to share your knowledge and experience. If you are unable to attend in person there are innovative ways you can join the kōrero online. We want to hear all voices.
The full agenda will be released soon, but you don’t want to miss this day: secure your place now, either online or in person by registering here.
Keep an eye out as we reveal more details on this insightful day. If you have questions, our tīma is here to help.
For all media interested in attending the summit please contact our media tīma directly.