The Advanced Manufacturing Industry Transformation Plan
Learn more and have your say on this vital plan that will inform much of Hanga-Aro-Rau's mahi going forward.
The Advanced Manufacturing Industry Transformation Plan (ITP) is an opportunity for business, unions and workers, government, Māori and wider stakeholders to co-create and co-own a plan to accelerate the growth and transformation of Aotearoa New Zealand’s advanced manufacturing sector.
Advanced manufacturing is a broad and diverse sector that makes up 10 per cent of the economy ($24.1 billion of GDP) and has been prioritised for an ITP due to its scale and the potential to significantly increase productivity, higher-wage jobs and a globally competitive low emissions sector.
Six key priorities to drive growth and transformation have been identified:
- improving the understanding and perceptions of advanced manufacturing
- increasing investment in advanced technologies and processes to lift productivity and wages
- making innovation, R&D and science work for advanced manufacturing
- attracting and developing a diverse high-skilled and high-wage workforce
- creating a leading sustainable circular net-zero emissions sector
- enhancing global connectivity and opportunities.
The Draft ITP will also identify specific initiatives to drive transformation. These will be included in a Draft Action Plan along with measurable implementation actions over 1 to 3 years.
Collectively, these priorities and actions aim to achieve the sector’s long-term vision of:
A thriving Aotearoa New Zealand advanced manufacturing sector of world-class creators, innovators and makers delivering quality products, sustainable solutions and intergenerational wellbeing.
This plan will inform much of Hanga-Aro-Rau's mahi going forward.
Visit the website for the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment to learn more and have your say.